Audio Video Coordinator
The Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts is a dynamic cultural hub and community resource where local, national and international artists share their artistry with ever-expanding audiences. The campus, located in the heart of Beverly Hills, CA, is committed to robust and distinctive presentations and education programs curated with both creativity and social impact in mind. Distinguished by its eclectic programming that mirrors the diverse landscape of Los Angeles and its location in the entertainment capital of the world, The Wallis has produced and presented more than 275 dance, theater, opera, classical music, cinema and family programs since its doors opened in October 2013. Hailed as "au courant" (LaLa Magazine), The Wallis was lauded by Culture Vulture, which proclaims, "If you love expecting the unexpected in the performing arts, you have to love The Wallis." Its programming has been nominated for 48 Ovation Awards and seven L.A. Drama Critic's Circle Awards.
The campus itself, a breathtaking 70,000-square-foot facility celebrating the classic and the modern, has garnered six architectural awards. Designed by acclaimed architect Zoltan E. Pali (SPF:architects), the restored building features the original 1933 Beverly Hills Post Office (on the National Register of Historic Places), which serves as the theater's dramatic yet welcoming lobby, and includes the contemporary 500-seat, state-of-the-art Bram Goldsmith Theater; the 150-seat Lovelace Studio Theater; an inviting open-air plaza for family, community and other performances; and GRoW @ The Wallis: A Space for Arts Education, where learning opportunities for all ages and backgrounds abound. Together, these elements embrace the city's history and its future, creating a performing arts destination for L.A.-area visitors and residents alike. The Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts is led by Chairman of the Board Michael Nemeroff, Executive Director & Chief Executive Office Rachel Fine and Artistic Director Paul Crewes.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Wallis is seeking an experienced audio visual technician with professional dance, music and theatre company experience to join our Production team..
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Supervise audio and video/projections technical work crew members and running crew members.
* Act as sound board, or projection system operator to fulfill programming and show run needs. Serve as the primary Audio and/or Video technician for events and shows as needed.
* Assist the Audio Video Director with prep and provide equipment necessary to implement designs.
* Maintain accurate inventories of all audio and video equipment and track its use.
* Assist the Audio/Video Director in facilitating audio and video needs for special events in the theaters and production center.
* Maintain a clear understanding of all aspects of theatrical productions in order to facilitate audio and video needs throughout the preparation, build, rehearsal, technical rehearsal, running, and closing of each production, presentation, and special event.
* Assist the AV Supervisor in directing and overseeing over hire crew, load-in, and maintenance of shows and strike.
* Maintain a safe working environment, including managing and providing training, equipment, recordkeeping, and incident reporting.
* Responsible for reading show reports, rehearsal schedules, and facilities calendars. Follow-up on applicable details and notes, and communicate information to supervisors and staff as appropriate.
* Orient facility renters and visiting productions on safety regulations, technical characteristics, and other areas of facility operations.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
* 3 years experience working as a sound and video technician, or similar, in a professional dance, music and theatre company.
* A practical knowledge of technical theater that includes theatrical and live sound video or projection practices. Experience with a variety of audio reinforcement, control, basic recording, and intercommunications systems.
* Ability to program and operate sound consoles and projection systems for tech and performances. Programming knowledge of Yamaha PM5D, LS9, QLAB and Watchout highly preferred. Dante and Q-sys certifications are a plus..
* Ability to supervise crews and vendors.
* Must be able to troubleshoot and repair Audio and Video equipment.
* Working knowledge of all aspects of theatrical sound design and audio video technologies and experience with a variety of sound and AV equipment is required.
* Capacity to solve problems and engage in creative thinking about challenges.
* Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
* Team player: works closely with Production Department Heads, Production Department Staff, Stage Managers and Production Supervisor.
* Familiarity with proper safety protocols for theatrical productions.
* Must be able to comfortably negotiate stairs, ladders, lifts, and catwalks up to 45 feet above ground, as well as working within confined spaces.
* Ability to work a varying schedule, including nights and weekends.
* Experience with touring productions and international artists are a plus.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to pull, push, and lift up to 50 pounds; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, long-range vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work.
This is a full-time position with 100% paid medical benefits, including dental, vision and life insurance ($25,000) for the employee, paid vacation, personal and sick days, 401k and paid parking. Complimentary tickets are occasionally available for performances and events at The Wallis.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email cover letter, resume and three references to jdasaro@thewallis..org<mailto:email@example.com> and include Audio Visual Coordinator in the subject line. No phone calls please.
The Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and encourages applicants of any age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or gender.
Audio Video Coordinator