TitleFWCAC Collective ResidencyOrganizationFort Worth Community Arts CenterClosing DateSunday, September 1, 2019LocationFort Worth, TXInformation
The Fort Worth Community Arts Center will offer a residency program for the duration of one year beginning January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020.
Deadline: September 1, 2019
Fort Worth Community Arts Center is proud to present our Collective Residency Program for art oriented organizations in the DFW area.
This program includes the following:
• 1 office space with 24/7 access on the second level of the Arts Center gallery for one year. This office measures 162 square feet. This includes a mailbox at the Arts Center, use of the conference rooms with reservation, use of the kitchen/breakroom. The value of this office is $3078.00 annually or $256.50 per month.
• Hold 3 exhibits in various galleries at the Arts Center throughout the course of the year.
• Organize and run 4 workshops throughout the year
• The use of a gallery space to hold a fundraising event at no charge to the organization other than hard costs such as labor. The value of an event for up to 100 guests is $1840.00. Labor generally runs about $600.00. All proceeds from ticket sales, donations, etc., after hard costs expenses will go completely to the organization
• Collective agrees to help promote the Arts Center fundraising event through any means possible.
• Collective agrees to partner in planning and implementation of Art-Aid Expo in June. This includes assisting with organization, sponsorships, promotion, and ideas.
• Members of Collective agree to sit on a selection panel to designate the next collective group to revive this residency opportunity.
The Arts Center will be happy to have the organization call it their home and work with your organization. We want to create this residency program as a model to offer other artist collectives to help them grow in our community.
Proposals from Collectives need to include:
Letter of Intent
A Collective statement (no more than one page in length)
List of Collaborators, including their website
Images of previous events – JPG (clearly labeled with an matching image list)
Submissions will be reviewed in early September. If you are selected to exhibit, we will need to flush out specific dates. While we will respect your original artistic vision, we retain the final right to edit the exhibitions.
ABOUT US: Located at 1300 Gendy Street, the FWCAC is part of the most architecturally significant museum districts in the United States. The striking modern Herbert Bayer building (with a later O’Neil Ford addition) opened to the public in 1954 as home to one of the most prestigious and oldest collecting organizations in the state of Texas, the Modern Museum of Fort Worth. When, in 2002, the Modern moved down the street, the Fort Worth Community Arts Center opened. The building has exhibited world class art and supported the performing arts for more than half a century. The Arts Council manages the FWCAC, provides leadership and funding to local arts organizations through our competitive Grants Program and administers the Fort Worth Public Art program.
SUBMISSION: Images must be JPEGs with minimum width/height of 800 pixels, maximum size as 3MB. Do not use spaces or special characters (!@$, etc) in image file names. Video and audio files can be submitted through links. FWCAC reserves the right to reject inaccurately represented work, or incomplete submission.
PRESENTATION: Work must be suitably framed (or sides cleanly finished or painted) and ready for hanging. D-rings should be used for heavy works, wires for works under 5lbs. Drawings, prints, watercolors and pastels on paper must be under Plexiglass.
SALES: All work will be for sale unless the artist informs the gallery to the contrary. 40% of proceeds from sales will go to FWCAC and the remainder to the artists.
DEADLINE: All applications must be submitted before midnight (CMT) on September 1, 2019. FWCAC will notify accepted applicants only by late September.
USE OF IMAGES: Any image submitted may be used for non-commercial, marketing or promotional purposes directly related to this show. This use may include in any publications, printed materials, advertisements, or electronic media. Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist.
CONTACT/QUESTIONS: Please direct all questions to:
Jonathan Mark Levy, Program and Exhibition Manager
1300 Gendy Street
Fort Worth, TX, 76107