OrganizationCatherine Couturier Gallery
Closing DateThursday, June 6, 2019
Catherine Couturier Gallery is seeking a qualified and enthusiastic Gallery Manager with a combination of artistic awareness, interpersonal skills and practical abilities. As the gallery manager, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the gallery. You’ll have responsibility for the sales and marketing areas of running a commercial art gallery and will communicate directly with artists and collectors under the direction of the owner/director. The position is multi-faceted as it involves overseeing many different aspects:
• Ensuring the installation of the works of arts in the exhibition space.
• Arranging for their transport and storage.
• Managing a highly detailed inventory on Artsystems database.
PR and communication
• Providing friendly and well informed information to all visitors.
• Communicating directly with art collectors and individual artists.
• Updating the gallery’s website, blog, and exhibition pages.
• Writing and distributing press releases and email newsletters.
• Negotiating / coordinating sales with clients.
• Planning the timely and efficient shipment of sold works.
• Updating online sales platforms such as Artsy.
Skills You Will Need:
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent organizational ability
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• The ability and confidence to deal with a range of people
• Sales experience is preferable
• Experience in inventory control
• A flexible and practical approach to daily tasks
• Team working skills with the ability to work efficiently independently
• A genuine interest in and enthusiasm for art
• A creative flair
• Administrative and strong computer and telephone skills
• Ability and energetic stamina for organizing and setting up exhibitions.
• Experience of Photoshop, database management, and is also extremely useful.
Hours of work: 28-35 hrs per week, 10am-5pm Tuesday-Friday, occasional evening and weekends for gallery events.
Training will be provided.
Compensation is commensurate based on experience.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com