Museum Council Manager
All times are in Pacific Daylight Time.
Posted Date 6/5/2017
Requisition Number 2017-2969
Position Status Regular Full-Time
Category Museum Operations
Museum - 0301-Office of the Director
The J. Paul Getty Museum is seeking an experienced Museum Council Manager to oversee and coordinate stewardship programs and activities for the Museum Councils.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary liaison between the Getty Museum, the Trust Development Office and the members of the Museum's Councils.
- Assist the Development Office with the annual Museum Council dues renewal process.
- Manage and track each Council’s operating budget to include tracking and reporting on Council approved commitments; on a monthly basis work with Museum Finance on reconciliation and reporting of Council activity.
- Prepare annual report on each Council activity for Museum/Trust senior leadership and the Board of Trustees.
- Oversee and coordinate all Council activities, including semi-annual meetings and Council approved travel.
- Create uniform materials for the Councils to include informational/ solicitation packets, member directories, meeting materials, and other materials as determined by the Museum and Development staff.
- Coordinate with the Development Office on the development, management, and tracking of Council member files in Raiser’s Edge, including the history of support and interactions with Museum/Development staff.
- Work with Development staff to ensure Council activities are aligned with Museum and Trust priorities.
- Represent the Museum in dealing with the GCI and GRI Councils to help ensure efficient coordination and alignment.
- Oversee invitation lists for Museum Council, and donor events.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 yrs of related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in donor relations for museum, university or other non-profit
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects and assignments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service/interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task and assign work to others