Overview and Responsibilities
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for a full-time Storyboard Artist for its hit animated series The Loud House! This positions is looking to start as quickly as possible (summer 2017). We are looking for someone who can easily grasp The Loud House's style - cartoony, comic strip-inspired. Great staging. This show is script-driven. A brief test will be required.
- Meet with creative supervisors to discuss objectives of storyboard; what is desired or to be achieved.
- Create storyboards by implementing storytelling objectives.
- Follow instructions of creative supervisors.
- Address any problems with creative supervisors; ask necessary questions.
- Communicate progress of work to creative supervisors and to appropriate production staff.
- Ensure quality and style of show is consistently achieved in storyboard work.
- Follow proper document management requirements (i.e., file naming and storage) according to the production’s guidelines.
- Meet all deadlines as determined by Line Producer or Production Manager.
- Attend and contribute to relevant meetings and pitches as needed.
- Will required to pitch Storyboards.
- Ensure all storyboard notes are added.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in style of show.
- Strong staging and composition skills.
- Understanding of subtext in character performance. Portfolio samples must demonstrate that all characters in a sequence do not behave the same. They are unique. Think about which character in a scene is dominant, which is submissive. What are the undercurrents? Whose scene is it?
- Strong drawing and mechanical skills.
- Knowledge of applicable design software (Photoshop, Storyboard Pro) and hardware (Wacom Cintiq monitor and/or tablet).
- Strong time-management skills.
- Work well under pressure.
- Ability to multitask a plus.
- Relevant drawing experience necessary.
- BA preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year storyboard experience and/or training on a similar show; or equivalent combination of education and experience.