Signal Hill, CA
ABOUT DRAMATIC RESULTS
Dramatic Results is an award-winning, non-profit, agency based in Long Beach, California whose mission has been to solve educational challenges through the arts since 1992. Dramatic Results specializes in arts integrated, project-based, curricula that is aligned to State and National Standards.
Dramatic Results is looking for Teaching Artists to facilitate our upcoming Winter and Spring (2019) programs. We are currently seeking talented Artists with experience in the VAPA (dance, media, music, theatre, visual art) content areas to teach integrated arts lessons, and share skills with students of all levels and community members alike. Experience maintaining classroom management and curriculum development skills specific to Title 1 schools is a plus. Successful candidates need to be comfortable training and/or coaching classroom teachers. In addition, candidates should be flexible, versatile, and willing to adapt their teaching approach as needed.
● Provide instruction for primary/secondary students and teachers on public school campuses, including Title 1 schools, as well as libraries, community centers, on site at Dramatic Results, and other various locations.
● Nurture and maintain professional and positive relationships with classroom teachers.
● Strong classroom management skills is key.
● Develop and facilitate Professional Development workshops for classroom teachers, administrators, and community members and provide and receive feedback.
● Demonstrate knowledge and practices of your art form through original lessons, make relevant connections to classroom STEM curricula, and be willing to adapt and implement existing curricula in a creative way.
● Ability to collaborate with classroom teachers in arts integration strategies
● Be accountable for paperwork as required by program administration.
● Organize all materials for each lesson ahead of time and transport all materials to and from school for individual programs.
● Demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence when communicating with both students and adults.
● Adjust presentations to adapt to different learning abilities.
● Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively within a team as well as independently.
● Maintain a positive ‘can do’ attitude; be proactive, flexible, and show initiative with projects, planning, and all activities related to this position.
● Demonstrate a Growth Mindset as an ability to take risks and continually learn.
● Openness to be trained to incorporate DR teaching strategies.
● Demonstrate and maintain strong organizational and time management skills.
● Willingness to facilitate established DR curriculum as needed.
● Hold a Bachelor’s degree in education, art, music, theatre, dance, media arts, or related field.
● Have experience implementing arts-based curriculum to children in a structured learning environment (K-5 especially).
● Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
● Be comfortable using basic office computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, and Apps.
● Spanish, Mandarin, and/or Khmer speaker a plus.
● Must have a car to travel to and from office site and various school sites and districts, including but not limited to: Long Beach.
● Must have a cell phone available for use during work hours.
● Ability to manage your own budget for each program.
● Must pass a LiveScan and provide results from a TB test.
● Able and willing to work occasional Saturdays.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICATION
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a cover letter, resume, and two references. Examples or portfolio of student art and video clip of teaching is highly recommended.
To learn more about Dramatic Results visit the website at www.dramaticresults.org
Address: 3310 Lime Avenue