Request for Curatorial Proposals from Los Angeles-Based Practitioners for 2018 Presentation
LACE's annual Emerging Curators program is designed to discover curatorial talent in Los Angeles and give an opportunity for an emerging curator to partner with LACE. Applicants are reviewed by a panel that will recommend projects to the LACE team. For the second installment of LACE’s Emerging Curators Program one project will be selected for presentation in early 2017. The panel will select a compelling project that is consistent with LACE’s experimental spirit.
This year's review panelists include:
- Beatriz Cortez
- Dorit Cypis
- Lanka Tattersall
Read more about the panelists.
It is expected that submissions may be very open in nature because of the generous planning time allotted. The LACE team will work with the selected Emerging Curator in developing the project as it evolves over the planning year, and to collaborate on programming to insure the work reaches its intended audiences. A stipend of $5,000 will be awarded to the selected curator to cover all production and curatorial expenses for the project. LACE will provide space, exhibition consultation, installation expertise and assistance, and marketing and promotion of the project.
Guidelines for Curatorial Proposals
- Applications may be submitted by an individual or curatorial team but must be based in the Los Angeles region
- Online applications only; no in-person submissions are accepted.
- Applicants are limited to one submission; there is no submission fee.
- Submissions must be consistent with LACE’s tradition of supporting experimental projects.
- Visuals are optional but encouraged; include PDFs or web links.
- Proposals are limited to a maximum one-page description.
- The panel may request the submission of additional materials at a later date.
How to Apply
Complete the brief application below and submit a maximum one-page description of your project.
Download the application by clicking here.
November 1, 2016 – Deadline for submissions (Please submit no earlier than October 15)
March 1, 2017 – Applicants notified via email
January 2018 – Project presented by Emerging Curator
To learn more, read about last year's Emerging Curators and their upcoming exhibition.