REDCAT, the Roy and Edna Disney/CalArts Theater and Gallery, seeks Gallery Attendant Staff for its experimental 3000 sq ft space. Located in downtown Los Angeles and part of the Walt Disney Concert Hall complex, REDCAT is an interdisciplinary arts center presenting influential new works in the performing, visual and media arts.
REDCAT is an initiative of the California Institute of the Arts, which offers programs leading to the degrees of Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) and Master of Fine Arts (MFA) and undergraduate and advanced certificates in art, critical studies, dance, film/video, music, and theater.
The Gallery Attendant reports to the Gallery Director and/or Assistant Curator and:
- Monitors artwork in the gallery and ensures its safety and security;
- Communicates with the public and answers questions about gallery exhibitions and programs;
- Generates logs of visitors and monitors appropriate gallery behavior;
- Serves as an articulate spokesperson for REDCAT;
- Performs light administrative duties as assigned
- Must be attentive and aware of surroundings;
- Ability to communicate with the public in a friendly, professional manner;
- Experience working in gallery/museum and audience services;
- Must be able to work with a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends;
- Interest in contemporary art, performance and media
- Applicants must be residents of LA county
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to Edgar Miramontes, Associate Director at email@example.com