Sausalito, California: United States
The Marin Headlands is 13,000 coastal acres of national park located just 10 minutes north of San Francisco, across the Golden Gate Bridge. Headlands Center for the Arts is housed in artist-renovated former military buildings, surrounded by low coastal hills and the Pacific Ocean at the northern edge of the entrance to the San Francisco Bay.
- Residency Length: 4-10 weeks; average residency length 8 weeks
- Average number of artists in residence at a time: 12
- Number of artists accepted in most recent year: 50
- Total applicant pool in most current year: 1000
- Application type: Open application
- Collaboration: May apply as a team
- Geography: Open to US artists, Open to non-US artists
Additional eligibility information:
Since 1987, Headlands Center for the Arts has provided residencies for professional artists from more than 30 countries and 20 U.S. states. We welcome artists at all levels to apply; however, artists pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees may not apply while enrolled in degree-granting programs. Former Artists in Residence must wait five years to re-apply. Additional details and complete current information can be found by visiting our web site: www.headlands.org.
- Application deadline: June 02 2017