Responsible for the daily operations of Schafler Gallery and President’s Office Gallery. Provides administrative support for the Director of Exhibitions and Assistant Director of Exhibitions. Maintains permanent collection.
* Manages the daily operations of Schafler Gallery and the President’s Office Gallery.
* Trains and supervises student aides on how to serve as gallery monitors, assist with installation of exhibitions and office tasks, monitor safety of art work, anticipates and resolves security problems with individual art works for Brooklyn galleries.
* Prepares and drafts routine correspondence, answers general email inquiries.
* Assists the Director of Exhibitions and Assistant Director with administrative responsibilities including processing of invoices and purchase orders.
* Answers telephone and email inquiries on a regular basis; informs the Director and Assistant Director of any messages or queries requiring their response or immediate attention.
* Manage and care for the permanent collection under supervision of Assistant Director
BFA or BA required, with some studio art and art history classes preferred.
1-2 years office experience, preferably in an arts institution, gallery or museum.
Knowledge and Skills:
General office skills, basic budgeting, Mac computer savvy, internet research, some knowledge of contemporary art.
Knowledge of graphic design programs such as Photoshop, InDesign; interest in supervising/working with students; basic art handling helpful; knowledge of art installation; ability to lift 20 lbs. Demonstrated experience working effectively with a diverse population, as well as demonstrated sensitivity to cross cultural perspectives and experiences.
Please submit your cover letter, resume including salary history and requirements, and the names and contact information for three professional references. Applications are here