SUMMER GYST WORKSHOP 2015!
Where: Armory Center for the Arts
145 N Raymond Ave, Pasadena, CA 91103
When: June 22 - August 10, 2015
Day/Time: Monday Evenings, 7pm - 9pm
Cost: $250 includes 8-week workshop and GYSTPro 4.0 Software ($129 value)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: JUNE 15TH, 2015
SPACE IS LIMITED, SIGN UP TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT
Payment plans are available upon request. please email Chris Reynolds at email@example.com for more details.
GYST WORKSHOP DESCRIPTION
Our workshops and lectures are designed to guide artists of all types, from beginners just developing a practice, to experienced professionals, through many important aspects of becoming an organized, professional, and successful artist. The GYST software is an integral part of this workshop and functions as a textbook and workshop manual that guides participants through each week of the class and will allow them to stay organized and informed after the class has finished.
GYST WORKSHOP LEARNING OUTCOMES
• Understand how to effectively organize your practice based on sound and sustainable business principles.
•Assesses your strengths and weaknesses when it comes to having and developing a professional art practice.
•Develop and perfect an “elevator speech,” a short verbal introduction about your work, which can be used in professional social occasions in order to network with other artists and professionals in your field.
• Set specific short and long-term goals pertinent to your artistic career.
•Archive your work using the GYST software, keeping accurate and detailed records of important information on each artwork you have created.
• Write an articulate and concise one-page artist statement detailing important aspects of your practice, the content of your work, and your personal artistic goals.
• Compile and format a complete and accurate Artist Resume/ Curriculum Vitae (CV)
• Compose a strong artist portfolio with examples of current and past work.
• Understand the many exhibition/presentation opportunities open to you.
• Write a press release for an exhibition and other essential marketing strategies.
• Understand, prepare, and execute grants and proposals for a future exhibitions/ projects including budget and timeline.
• Discuss, understand, and navigate legal issues and ethical scenarios in the art world.
• Understand the many research opportunities available to artists and how to find valuable information once the class is over.