POSITION Production Coordinator, Programming OVERVIEW Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world’s leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts and education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center Campus. As the Production Coordinator, Programming, you will organize events associated with Lincoln Center’s Great Performers series, Mostly Mozart Festival, White Light Festival, and other projects planned by the Programming Department. Reporting to the Production Manager, with additional directives provided by event producers, you will provide both production and administrative support. Specific responsibilities include:
• Coordinating and disseminating all production information, scheduling venue visits for artists, coordinating the distribution of venue technical packages to artists, distributing artist’s technical information to lighting and sound supervisors and venue production managers, distributing and maintaining production calendars, and tracking the distribution of all of the above information.
• Arranging accommodations, transportation, and hospitality services for guest artists.
• Processing visa applications for guest artists.
• Preparing the annual versions of the company and accounting databases. Inputting production-related budget lines. Briefing incoming production interns on database functions.
• Managing the processing of all new hire paperwork relating to programs, research union pay rates and implement production crew rates. Ensuring that payroll is submitted for seasonal staff.
• Maintaining each program’s daily schedule. Updating as new information arrives and/or as directed.
• Researching vendor pricing on production-related equipment rentals and purchases. Arranging for various production-related lighting rentals and arranging timely and accurate returns of same.
• Tracking all production expenditures, including petty cash, invoices, etc. Preparing the monthly production-related accruals and coordinate close-out for each event.
• Preparing purchase order requests, service contracts, and processing invoices through the Purchasing and Finance Departments.
• Implementing fee and payment schedule for consultants and coordinators. Preparing vendor and consultant contracts and coordinate approvals with the Legal Department.
• Supervising any seasonal production interns or temporary staff.
• Managing all master load-ins and –out schedules.
• Providing day-to-day administrative support to the Production Manager, including phone coverage, database and file maintenance, minutes at meetings, etc.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: • Excellent written and verbal communication skills; professional phone manner • Strong computer skills and proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database programs • Strong organization skills and attention to detail, with an ability to multitask and prioritize effectively • Must exhibit excellent judgement and flexibility • Knowledge of classical music and the performing arts • At least five years of experience in the field or a related business • Ability to work evenings and weekends required • This job involves being able to lift up to 50 pounds • Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
SUBMISSION PROCEDURE Please send a cover letter (including your salary requirements and interest in Lincoln Center) and resume to our email@example.com inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed. Please list: Production Coordinator in the subject line. Internal candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly. Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.