DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE
Venice Arts seeks a full-time Development and Communications Associate to work under the general supervision of the Associate Director. A member of the Dev/Comm Team, the Associate’s primary roles and responsibilities include:
• Assist with grants research, writing Letters of Inquiry, and drafting final reports
• Maintain grant attachments and related, collateral materials used in grant packaging
• Assist with implementation of annual campaigns, including online/social media and direct mail
• Send donor acknowledgement letters and other development correspondence as requested
• Regularly update all data relative to donor prospecting and generate reports
• Provide support for fundraising events and maintain all data related to such events
Marketing & Communications:
• Calendar and implement the marketing and communications plan
• Archive all print and electronic press clippings
• Manage all media contacts, press release/press packet dissemination
• Assure that all promotional materials are stocked and available to the public
• Draft quarterly communications reporting following the proscribed protocol
Qualifications: The ideal candidate is a graduate of a nonprofit management, fund development, or marketing/ communications program; prior, entry-level experience in development and/or communications preferred. Must be an excellent writer, articulate, extremely well-organized and detail oriented, with the ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines at the direction of multiple staff. Must be extremely comfortable capturing and entering data, as well as querying a database to generate reports. Must be highly proficient with Excel, with a demonstrated ability to generate reports and graphs; experience with FilemakerPro a plus. A strong design sensibility and ability to work with Adobe Suite software preferred, but not required. Must have a flexible schedule, as occasional evening and weekend hours will be required. Must demonstrate a basic understanding of communications and the ability to execute multi-platform campaigns in an efficient manner.
Salary and Benefits: This full-time, non-exempt position starts at $18 per hour; vacation and sick time accrues after completion of an initial, 90-day period. This position offers an excellent opportunity for growth and development for candidates interested in development and/or communications.
How to Apply: Send your résumé, along with a cover letter highlighting relevant experience to Elysa Voshell: email@example.com. Please: no phone inquiries or walk-ins.
Mission: Venice Arts mission is to ignite youths’ imagination, mentor their creativity, and expand their sense of possibility through high quality, accessible media-based arts education programs. Venice Arts also serves as a catalyst for people of all ages, living in low-income or underrepresented communities, to create and share personal and community stories through photography, film, and multi-media.