Position starts September 1, 2015
Application deadline: December 15, 2014
California Institute of the Arts
24700 McBean Pkwy
Valencia, CA 91355
Position category: Academic
School/Department: School of Art
Reports To: Dean of the School of Art
Information & responsibilities
The program in Photography and Media at CalArts is seeking an artist for a full-time faculty position to begin in the fall of 2015.
Full-time faculty teach and mentor both undergraduate and graduate students and participate in program and school-wide administrative matters.
– Class preparation and grading
– Six hours per week of classroom instruction
– Twelve to fifteen independent study contracts per semester
– Mentoring at least twelve students
– Attending faculty meetings
– Participating in curricular planning and assessment activities
– Participating in mid-residency and Graduation reviews
– Participating in recruitment and admission reviews
– Other duties as assigned by the program Directors and the Dean
The ideal candidate should be an artist with a strong professional practice, a firm commitment to teaching, a dedication to working with a culturally, economically and intellectually diverse community of artists, and an interest in the major questions of photographic and arts education in the 21st century.
– Prefer two or more years of full-time teaching at the college level.
– Knowledge of both traditional and innovative approaches within Photography and Media.
– An MFA degree is expected, but candidates with significant professional experience are welcome to apply and will be seriously considered.
– Effective leadership and organizational skills.
How to apply
Applications are due December 15.
Interested candidates should submit the following to the SlideRoom application site:
– A letter of application
– A current curriculum vitae
– A portfolio of professional work
– A list of 3 professional references
– Additional inquires can be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– All submissions will be treated confidentially.